to ensure that product is received and shipped accurately and on time.
We are expanding our operations to include a warehouse in both Indiana and Florida next year -- opportunities available for transfer!
· Medical, Dental, and Vision
· Vacation & Sick Pay
· Bi-Weekly Pay
· Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION SHIFT AND SCHEDULE
This is a full time Monday – Friday, daytime position. Candidates must have the flexibility to work overtime and occasionally on Saturdays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Load and unload tractor-trailer trucks using a forklift
· Move product and materials with forklift from/to designated locations
· Use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
· Adhere to all policies and procedures relating to product age, quality, and safety
· Responsible for meeting productivity requirements
· Perform miscellaneous activities as directed to support the efficient operation of the warehouse
· Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company
· Inspect forklifts and other material handling equipment prior to use
· Identify safety hazards in the workplace
· Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation
· Inspect each pallet and or case for proper quantities, items brands, lot codes (as applicable), and damages and follow any special instructions and /or additional documentation
· Communicate problems, concerns and ideas to supervision and management. Identify process improvements
· Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
· Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety
· All candidates must be 18 years of age
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 1+ year experience on sit down forklift
· Good attendance and punctuality: must show up on time and work scheduled shifts
· Ability to repetitively lift, push and pull 50+ pounds, reach above head height, squat, kneel, bend, and reach
· Must have the ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
Alta Warehousing & Logistics requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Alta is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check which includes drug screening.
· Alta Warehousing & Logistics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay: $18.00+ per hour
Everyone who enters the building must wear a mask. We sanitize often and have hand sanitizer and wipes throughout the building.