community by helping families sit down at their dinner table with Homemade, Made Easy meals.
Note, there is no cooking involved in this position. We prepare meal prep kits for our customers … we do the shopping, chopping and prepping, and they cook the meals at home themselves!
This position will share responsibilities with the Sales Manager and the Production Manager and oversees Prep Operations staff.
As a Dream Dinners Kitchen Manager, you will play multiple roles – Ordering & Inventory Rock Star, Systems & Process Expert, Recipe & Prep Guru, as well as managing our Sides & Sweets inventory, sales & production!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise day-to-day kitchen operations, set up, close down, developing procedures, etc.
• Lead Prep Team in back of house tasks including: product assembly, packaging, chopping, recipe updates, merchandising, and overall inventory control.
• Schedule and assign daily tasks, ensure product is available, oversee recipe production, and participate in Meal Assembly.
• Prep and prepare meals and sides according to the recipe guidelines provided and follow franchise protocol.
• Responsible for Sides & Sweets (order add ons): Inventory, stocking, food prep, in-store marketing, sales & order requests.
• Be the daily liaison between our front of house and back of house teams.
• Maintain a fun and positive store environment.
Ordering & Inventory
• Perform weekly, physical inventory check of all ingredients, packaging and cleaning materials.
• Utilize system reports to coordinate weekly order with distributors. Place/receive orders, manage special requests, keep inventory organized and properly stocked.
• Oversee stock and maintain station ingredients prior to and throughout each week.
• Organizing weekly product shipment and delegating responsibilities for preparation within special restraints of refrigeration and dry storage. This is done on Saturdays.
• Rotate unneeded stock from prior month to storage areas
Knowledge & Safety
• Knowledgeable of state food handling practices and will be required to complete ServSafe Food Managers certification
• Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures
• Ensure work areas are properly set up and functioning well throughout the month, identify improvements.
• Minimize labor costs by setting expectations and properly training on best practices
• Participate in all training, meetings, and conference calls
• Keep cleaning and maintenance logs for the store (both front and back of house).
• Facilitate site maintenance or repair on appliances, tools, etc.
Organization & Planning
• Print out, laminate, and prepare documents for end of month transition
• Set up Kitchen each month with new recipe ingredients, create kitchen and freezer map for employees.
• Update recipes weekly and update staff knowledge as Franchise Office dictates.
• Be up to date on numbers and quantities for the week and coordinate with Production Manager & Sales Manager.
• Coordinate with Sales Team what needs to be sold, or what items are not performing well.
• Assist with developing & carrying out monthly marketing plans/initiatives.
• Set weekly add-on sales goals and plans for hitting them.
• Ensure that printed materials, paperwork & promotions regarding food operations are printed and available.
• Responsible for overall operating expenses including food/labor costs and profitability
• Oversee setup and organize monthly station layout, ingredients, and utensils per schematic
• Execute and monitor loss prevention
• Responsible for monthly forecasting inventory and maintaining inventory control tools
• Work to meet weekly & monthly requirements including:
- Total cost of goods: Food, Packaging, Discounts, and Adjustments
- Operations Labor
- End of month inventory with as little surplus of items as possible.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Part Time Position / Hourly
This is a part time position ranging from 25-35 hours per week. Hourly compensation plus potential for bonus structure
We’re the perfect match if you:
• Have a laser focus for details and are a great multi-tasker, and can work well both autonomously and in a team.
• Are friendly and outgoing with servant leadership skills. Able to graciously lead a team in a fast paced environment.
• Enjoy food preparation, organization, merchandising and sales.
• Have solid written, verbal and conversational skills, and like to use them.
• Love having goals to meet and will try new methods to hit them.
• Have experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe PDF Pro and are comfortable with computers and/or databases.
• Are solution oriented, organized and adaptable.
• Are comfortable supervising other team members, delegation, and being delegated to. And working with other Managers to problem solve as a team.
What’s in it for you:
• Flexible hours.
• Great team with a fun and casual environment.
• Hourly pay based on experience.
• Fantastic food discount program.
• Potential for bonus structure
Basic Functions associated with the Position
• Read and interpret documents: safety instructions, operating and maintenance manuals, recipes and more
• Fluent in English— ability to speak effectively with guests and employees
• Comfortable with mathematical functions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (whole number & basic fractions)
• Ability to calculate discounts, percentages, proportions and ability to draw/interpret bar graphs
• Ability to follow standard operating procedures and interpret a variety of instructions both written and verbal
• Minimum of two years retail or food industry and managerial experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a Professional Kitchen encouraged.
• Food Managers Card required to be obtained prior to start date.
• Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
• Candidate must be comfortable working in a hands-on environment with repetitive hand movements.
• Strong vision & depth perception essential for deciphering recipes
• Ability to lift and carry 40+ pounds (putting away deliveries, etc)
• Able to spend various amounts of time in a walk in freezer to organize stock and perform inventory.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
• The position may involve local travel to pick up ingredients missing from supplier deliveries or to coordinate between other Dream Dinners stores in the areas or deliver food to customers.
*This position overview is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.