our guests! If you want to be a part of a team who believes in treating others in how they want to be treated, you appreciate a super hard working and fun team, and are looking for a flexible schedule to supplement your income with anywhere from 18 to 24 hours/week available, send us your resume now!
You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. Our store does NOT cook the food, but prepares the ingredients so our guests can put together complete meals that they will cook at home.
A great prep team member will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
This position is primarily 2-3 days days per week and occasional Saturdays; 10-20 hours/week .
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow the prep list created by our Operations Manager.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in prepping meals.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, sweeping, mopping, and taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who can move and work quickly, works well on their own, has the ability to be on their feet for long periods of time, and can follow written instructions well.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- We are looking for someone who can move and work quickly, works well on their own, has the ability to be on their feet for long periods of time, and can follow written instructions well.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient, with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Food handlers Card required.
- Food Prep experience desired.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively before employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. • Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment are representative of those that must be met by, or that will be encountered by, an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee will regularly work within the Dream Dinners store location. The employee must use hands to finger, handle, and feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus while creating recipes, working with food, ensuring cleanliness of the work surface, and reviewing recipes. The position will require using the telephone and computer while communicating with internal and external contacts. Employee will stand for several hours each day. The employee may occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.