Hire Service Coordinators
If you are a hiring manager, you are already aware of the importance of a service coordinator. This is an essential role, as a service coordinator handles the customer queries and complaints and serves as a bridge between the consumers and the administration. A service coordinator may also monitor interactions between the employees with customers in a bid to polish and improve their performance. When so much is handled by these professionals and so much depends on them, it is imperative that you be very careful when hiring a service coordinator.
Most important responsibilities of a service coordinator
- Assess client requirements and link them with the right employee
- Build a database of important clients and their requirements
- Understand the issues of a client and try to resolve them
- Make sure that each and every client gets the services they need
- Make the existing customer base strong by strengthening relations between the service providers and the clients
- Prevent gaps in services by increasing the number of service providers
- Attend to the queries coming through phone and emails
Preferable qualifications of a service coordinator
- 1-2 years experience in the same industry, preferably in customer service sector
- Should possess administrative experience in a similar position
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office
- Must have high school diploma or GED, though a postsecondary degree is desirable
- Should have multitasking capabilities
- Should be able to meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work as a team member
- Should have excellent communication skills, both verbal as well as written
- Must be a problem solver with critical thinking ability
How to hire a service coordinator efficiently?
It is important to specify all the roles and responsibilities of your desired service coordinator clearly in your job posting. Certain compromises should be expected, however, you should spell out certain qualities that you deem not just desirable but also essential if you know the person hired would not be successful without them.
Be clear about your expectations
Many hiring managers expect applicants to be fully aware of all the responsibilities they have to fulfill upon selection. This is not prudent as miscommunication or misunderstanding can impede selection of the best candidate. Be specific and clear about the skills, qualifications, and attributes you need in your service coordinator. This will help to make your selection and screening process smooth and easy as you can filter applications of the candidates who do not have the skills or qualifications you are looking for in a service coordinator.