takeout meals. But good service is not enough. We pride ourselves in providing excellent hospitality, which is why we are looking for hosts who will treat our guests with attentiveness, patience, and a positive attitude.
To help us provide an exceptional dining experience, a good host should be able to ensure that our guests are fully satisfied by being friendly, courteous, accommodating, and reliable. A suitable candidate for the job should also be a problem-solver and a team player. Hosts must be guest advocates; guests must feel that you are on their side if things go astray.
Responsibilities of a Host
- Welcoming and engaging guests.
- Encouraging undecided guests to dine with us by vividly describing our food and beverages and dining experience.
- Anticipating and accommodating guests’ needs in table assignment and otherwise.
- Escorting guests to their seats.
- Handling cash and credit card transactions on takeout orders.
- Entering full guest information for phone reservations and walk-ins.
- Communicating accurate wait time estimates to guests.
- Communicating reservation notes, guest notes and special requests to the seating host, server or manager.
- Escorting and seating guests at table or bar. Announcing server and presenting menus.
- Monitoring dining sections, server rotations, tables readiness.
- Promptly answering incoming calls according to standards.
- Accurately booking and confirming reservations; answering questions.
- Keeping entrance and host area neat, clean, and organized.
- Concluding guest dining experience with appreciation and invitation to return.
- Providing exceptional guest experience.
- Executing host coordinator responsibilities during slower periods.
Host Job Requirements:
- 6 months prior experience as a host, sales associate, receptionist, or customer service.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to handle money transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Speak, read and write English well. Conversational Spanish is helpful.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Responsibilities of All Employees
- Exemplifying the culture and values of Cuba Libre.
- Being a hospitality role model with guests and employees.
- Interacting with guests and employees in a warm, polite, and welcoming manner.
- “Reading” guests – greeting and engaging with guests in their preferred manner.
- Displaying excellent teamwork.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
About the Company
Our Mission: To provide an “escape” to Havana through exciting food, beverage and entertainment experiences that celebrate the Cuban people and culture.
Our Core Values:
We are “People” People
We are “Honestly” Honest
We Take Ownership
We are Distinctive and Unique
We are an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive work environment characterized by respect, learning, growth, and accountability.
Safety Enables Hospitality
Your diligence in following safety protocols will be critical in delivering the fun, energy and escape of the Cuba Libre experience. Only when we feel safe can we show and create a great guest experience. Only when guests trust that we are protecting them, can they relax and begin to enjoy themselves.
All employees are required to have their temperature checked before shifts, wear PPE (provided), frequently wash hands and disinfect the work area throughout the shift. For our team members’ continued safety, guests are required to wear masks and provide contact information.
If you are interested in our open position, reply to this posting. For those selected, a virtual interview will be scheduled. For those called back there may also be an in-person interview employing COVID-19 protocols, including masks for all parties.