required - we can teach you everything you need!
Being on the Taziki’s Hospitality Team means you get excited about serving fresh food you’re proud of and have a desire to take care of your guests, making meaningful connections with them. It means you get that knowing our menu inside and out is the key to helping a guest order a dish they’ll love, and that serving a perfect meal requires you to embrace the challenge of checking every single detail before placing it in the hands of the guest who ordered it. It also means you make the choice to collaborate and communicate well with your team in a fast-paced setting to create a clean, enjoyable environment.
WHAT YOUR TEAMMATES SAY
“I enjoyed working at Taziki's. I was friends with all of my co-workers so it felt like a family! I had good pay and great hours! I enjoyed learning how to do a lot of things in the kitchen!”
“It has been by far my favorite job. I love the brand and what Taziki's stands for. The food is all fresh every day, everything is made that morning.”
A DAY IN YOUR TAZIKI’S LIFE
As a Hospitality Team Member, your day starts with the heart of what we do – helping the team prep delicious food! Say hello to your team, grab your prep sheet, and dive in. You may have some pita to season or cookies to bake - the best smelling job in the house! Then you’ll check the Dining Room and guest areas to make sure they are clean, stocked, and beautiful. Before the doors open for lunch, you’ll work as a team to assemble catering orders and get your register areas ready. Next, you’ll welcome guests (get to know your regulars by name!) and place both Dine-In and Take-Out orders for them. When you hear “Runner!”, you know it’s time to take a hungry guest their order - but check it closely, because you’re the last line of defense for a perfect meal! On your way back to the kitchen, see if you can clear any dishes or tidy up the Dining Room so guests can enjoy it. Keep an ear out for the phone, as you’re the one guests are counting on to place phone orders with or maybe ask about hours or directions. As the shift winds down, you’ll clean and organize your work and guest areas, making sure all is good to go for the next crew. You might grab a tablet and do some online training courses to learn a new station or aim for a leadership role before heading out. Say goodbye to your team, be proud of all the people you fed today, and come back tomorrow to make it happen again!
- Being a Taziki’s Ambassador for our service, our menu, our story, and our culture
- Describing our food with passion and educating our guests on our menu, its ingredients and allergy/dietary alerts for both restaurant and catering orders
- Joyfully connecting with our guests, smiling and welcoming them in the line, at the counters, and in the dining areas
- Understanding POS (point of sale register) to quickly and correctly place guest orders
- Following proper cash handling and payment procedures
- Ensuring the quality and accuracy of each and every guest order
- Delivering orders to guests in the Dining Room, Curbside area, or Take-Out area
- Cleaning and maintaining the Dining Room, patio and restrooms
- Participating in some food prep activities and following our recipes
- Maintaining proper hygiene, uniform and appearance
- Maintaining Health Department Standards throughout each shift
- Following proper Alcohol Handling policies and procedures
- Performing shift side work including opening and closing duties
- Completing all course certifications for Guest Service Team Members in our online training platform
- Understand and abide by all company standards and policies (provided in your handbook)
- Flexible work schedule
- Training Program
- Discounted Meals
- Exciting and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth and a promising career path through a commitment to ongoing training
- Excellent communication and hospitality skills both in person and on the phone
- Must obtain a Food Handler’s card
- Ability to work with passion and urgency in a fast-paced environment under pressure, balancing multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the team as necessary
- Work flexible schedule
- Dependable, reliable and trustworthy
- Professional attitude and respect for coworkers, establishment, and the brand
- Be true to our 5 Culture Compass Values: Connection, Collaboration, Challenge, Fresh, Details
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS/HOURS
Hours will vary and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
YOUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Being a part of the Taziki’s Hospitality Team includes performing duties that require standing and fast movement throughout the kitchen and dining room. You’ll walk and stand during the entire shift. Your role requires reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, and wiping. You’ll need the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work with speed and efficiency in high-pressure situations.
We believe that great food brings people together and we aim to help people and communities flourish, or as the Greeks call it, “Eudaimonia”, living the good life. We’re defined by sourcing authentic ingredients and serving made-from-scratch meals that nourish our guests daily without the use of fryers, freezers, or microwaves. We’re a team of big-hearted foodies that function like family to make each guest feel at home. We thrive on the words included in our culture compass: Connection, Challenge, Collaboration, Details, and Fresh. These ideals are executed through our mission to create an environment that combines extraordinary food with meaningful human connection. We’re a rapidly expanding brand, named one of America’s fastest-growing leaders by Inc. 5000 in the fresh-casual segment. Having more than tripled in size since 2011, we’re approaching 100 restaurant locations in 17 states and still growing.
Taziki’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer