brand contact in our bakery and serves an essential role to engage and bring joy to our guests, create a memorable experience and leave a positive, lasting impression. The Guest Service Representative embodies NbC core values and demonstrates a strong commitment to guest satisfaction as well as excellence and efficiency in the workplace.
- Promptly greets walk-in and phone guests with genuine warmth and helpful enthusiasm to determine interests and needs, and follows NbC Sweet Steps of Service to create a superior guest experience.
- Maintains strong product knowledge to educate guests on NbC cake distinction, size and flavor profile options, pricing, special promotions, and complimentary retail merchandise.
- Suggests additional merchandise, including balloons, candles, and cards, to complete a unique celebration.
- Process guest orders efficiently and accurately utilizing the point-of-sale system and invite guests to join NbC Email Club to benefit from special promotions and remain connected.
- Upholds a clean and organized bakery presentation, which may include routine sweeping/mopping of the floor, and dusting/cleaning of countertops, windows, and other surfaces.
- Replenishes retail merchandise and cake display case to ensure a strong visual presentation.
- Assists the Crafter in preparing cake decorations and packaging supplies as needed.
- Complies with all health and safety guidelines and NbC policies and procedures, including strict adherence to dress code and personal hygiene.
- Maintains a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Core Values and Leadership Competencies
Goes above and beyond to support and develop the team and create a superior guest experience.
Keeps the good of the team and guests ahead of personal interests or gain.
Leads by example and displays humility and empathy for others.
Demonstrates an intense drive, a commitment to excellence, and a passion to succeed.
Seizes 100% ownership of responsibilities, with zero excuses for issues within direct control.
Operates with a sense of urgency, exercises sound judgment, and seeks feedback to improve performance.
Projects warmth, enthusiasm, and optimism that attracts and energizes others.
Builds positive, productive relationships and communicates often and openly.
Serves as a strong Cake Celebrity/Brand Ambassador in the local community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exhibits high energy and strong interpersonal skills; is friendly, helpful, positive, patient, socially confident and communicative.
- Enjoys interacting with diverse people and excels at providing a superior guest experience.
- Can perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail.
- Is diligent, organized and self-motivated.
- Has the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Is comfortable with new technology and has the ability to operate a point-of-sale system.
- Understands basic arithmetic; can perform calculations when needed and provide monetary change using U.S. currency.
- Has the capacity to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous guest service experience at a bakery, restaurant or retail store is a plus.
Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on changing business demands.