But good service is not enough. We pride ourselves in providing excellent hospitality, which is why we are looking for servers who will treat our guests with attentiveness, patience, and a positive attitude.
To help us provide an exceptional dining experience, a good server must be friendly, courteous, accommodating and reliable. A suitable candidate for the job should also be a problem-solver and a team player. Servers must be guest advocates; guests must feel that you are on their side if things go astray.
Responsibilities of a Server
- Engaging guests and guiding their dining experience.
- Providing intuitive menu recommendations.
- Providing the stories behind our menu items to receptive guests.
- Upselling additional products when appropriate.
- Checking ID's to prevent minors from consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Taking orders using TOAST software.
- Accurately communicating order details to the kitchen team.
- Delivering food and beverages in a timely fashion.
- Delivering checks and collecting payments.
- Cleaning and maintaining the appearance of tables and tableware.
- “Marking the table” – providing necessary serviceware for each course before it is served.
- Adhering to food safety and responsible alcohol service standards.
Server Job Requirements:
- 1 year prior experience as a waiter/waitress or 1 year in a front of house position at Cuba Libre.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to handle money transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Speak, read and write English well. Conversational Spanish is helpful.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Responsibilities of All Employees
- Exemplifying the culture and values of Cuba Libre.
- Being a hospitality role model with guests and employees.
- Interacting with guests and employees in a warm, polite, and welcoming manner.
- “Reading” guests – greeting and engaging with guests in their preferred manner.
- Displaying excellent teamwork.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
About the Company
Our Mission: To provide an “escape” to Havana through exciting food, beverage and entertainment experiences that celebrate the Cuban people and culture.
Our Core Values:
We are “People” People
We are “Honestly” Honest
We Take Ownership
We are Distinctive and Unique
We are an equal opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive work environment characterized by respect, learning, growth, and accountability.
Safety Enables Hospitality
Your diligence in following safety protocols will be critical in delivering the fun, energy and escape of the Cuba Libre experience. Only when we feel safe can we show and create a great guest experience. Only when guests trust that we are protecting them, can they relax and begin to enjoy themselves.
Currently, all employees are required to have their temperature checked and health questionnaires completed before shifts, and wear face masks throughout shifts. These requirements are expected to change over time. Mask mandates may be lifted in some of our restaurants’ jurisdictions. In such a case, until the pandemic is declared over, our guests and team members will have the option to wear masks but may not be required to do so. Employees must frequently wash hands and disinfect the work area throughout the shift.
Click on the blue “APPLY” button at the top or bottom of this page. For those selected, a virtual or in-person interview will be scheduled. Until the pandemic is declared over, in-person interviews will employ COVID-19 protocols, including masks for all parties.