and forklifts. They must understand safe operating procedures and adhere to them while remaining professional.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Customer Service and Inventory Maintenance:
• Greet customers and professional contractors in a friendly manner upon entry into the lumberyard or warehouse.
• Must be certified in all areas of the location to include but are not limited to forklifts.
• Safely operate forklift to move merchandise within the lumberyard and warehouse.
• Assist truck drivers in delivery of merchandise to homeowners and job sites using company equipment.
• Load materials into customers' vehicles or onto company delivery vehicles, after validating type and quantity based on the record of the transaction from the company's point-of-sale system. Exercise safe loading practices and common sense to ensure no damage to people or property occurs.
• Develop thorough expertise related to operation of the forklifts, warehouse lifts, pallet jacks or other equipment utilized for product movement at the store.
• Unload incoming freight, ensuring not to damage the incoming goods or the equipment that belongs to the carrier.
• Accurately build product loads and prepare materials for delivery before delivery takes place.
• Report all product shortages and out-of-stocks to store management.
• Maintain the lumberyard and warehouse in a clean and orderly condition.
• Assist cashiers or other store personnel as requested when customers need help with items taken through the register, such as bagged goods or bulky items.
• Assist with contractor sales counter functions as necessary.
Safety & Loss Prevention:
• Possess strong working knowledge of store security measures as they relate to delivery and yard operations.
• Ensure all equipment is in good condition and safe (ladders, forklifts, trucks). Do not use equipment in need of repair rendering it unsafe. Report concerns to store management.
• Follow company safety guidelines and basic safety practices at all times.
• Attend and participate at regular safety meetings with store associates.
• Prepare delivered inventory in a manner that best protects against loss and theft (proper banding and strapping, tarps as necessary, jobsite drops, etc.)
Perform other duties similar to those above as assigned by your supervisor or other qualified corporate or platform representative.
Fulcrum Building Group, LLC (Navarre Lumber & Supply) complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility in a satisfactory manner. Qualifications include forklift certification, some delivery experience, experience dealing with the public, basic math skills, and satisfactory reading, writing, and speaking skills. Knowledge of lumber, building materials, and material handling is preferred. Must be able to lift and load merchandise weighing up to 100 lbs. for various amounts of time, place merchandise in locations above six feet in height, unload a delivery truck, climb a ladder and maneuver safely at store, in lumberyard, warehouse and at job sites. High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
This job is an hourly position (not exempt from overtime). Though successful yard and warehouse associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Benefits and 401k are offered.