every customer in our retail cafés. You are responsible for learning and leading the team and operations in the absence of the General Manager. The role requires that you act with integrity and respect, promote a safe, clean and healthy work environment, act fiscally responsible, produce quality work, you are ethical and passionate about coffee. We love coffee and want you to love it too.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Share passion for coffee with customers and employees
• Leads to team and models preparing and serving the highest quality handcrafted espresso and coffee beverages consistently and provide regular coaching and feedback to team members on drink quality and presentation to build their knowledge and skills.
• Models and leads the team to share product knowledge regarding all pastries and food items, staying up to date on seasonal menu changes and communicating this information
• Plan and execute the deployment of staff to ensure that all team members work effectively together to provide a great customer experience
• Able to remain calm, professional, patient, kind and productive at all times
• Leads, delegates and is involved in store cleaning, stocking, and organizing tasks
• Ensure and uphold store cleanliness, organization and food safety
• Act responsibly in protecting the store assets and facilities at all times through complying and ensuring compliance with Equator Coffees policies and procedures for safety, health, security, maintenance, and cash handling.
• Communicates timely with the Store Manager on concerns such as employee engagement, work performance, customer feedback and areas to improve
• Work with the Store Manager to perform inventory control tasks, including receiving, counting, and ordering product to ensure enough stock is on-hand to meet customer demands and to control costs and waste.
• We work as a team. You will be the ideal model for teamwork
• You understand the importance and will follow and hold others to follow all company policies and procedures in accordance with Equator Coffees
• Maintains positive and productive relationships with all team members, other stores employees and departments throughout the company
• Able to make decisions in the best interest of the customer as well as navigating problem solving, using resources in the absence of the manager
• Contribute to store goals for achieving sales and improving profits
• Will be responsible for the opening and closing of the cafe
• Demonstrate respect, integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of Equator Coffees
• Coffee experience preferred
• Retail and/or customer service experience required
• Demonstrates a passion for coffee and tea
• Able to make customers the priority
• Can provide ongoing positive and constructive feedback with ease
• Curious to learn and gain knowledge and apply to daily interactions
• Is a Team Player
• Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers.
• Is highly professional
• Is a problem solver
• Able to multi-task and lead in in a fast-paced environment
• Deals with ambiguity well, is resourceful
• Ability to communicate effectively with others. •You’re kind and patient
• Cash handling skills
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Able to work agreed upon Full time or part time hours to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
• Maintains a current state issued Food Handler Card
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.