Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description
The job responsibilities of an assistant restaurant manager include placing orders for utensils and equipment as needed, managing contracts, processing payroll and supervising restaurant staff. To be successful, the candidate should be familiar with restaurant operations, as well as understand how to provide quality customer service. An assistant restaurant manager should be available to work during all operating hours, as well as weekends and holidays. The goal of this position is to make sure all daily activities are being completed efficiently, help minimize operating costs, boost employee retention, and make the dining experience positive for guests.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Job Description Template:
We are searching for a reliable assistant restaurant manager to supervise operations at our high performing restaurant. The duties for this position include scheduling shifts, balancing cash registers and overseeing that payroll gets processed correctly. The assistant restaurant manager also addresses customer complaints or inquiries in a quick, kind manner.
To be successful in this position, it is necessary to implement methods to minimize costs and improve overall profitability. An outstanding assistant restaurant manager also contributes to the professional development of staff.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Open and close the restaurant
- Hire, train and mentor new staff members
- Schedule shifts and assign table sections to waitstaff
- Resolve customer questions and complaints professionally
- Conduct payroll activities accurately and on time
- Ensure the restaurant follows health and safety regulations
- Place orders for ingredients, utensils and equipment as stock is depleted or damaged
- Source better deals on resources and equipment as needed
- Record all income and expenses, make sure cash registers are balanced at the end of every shift
Assistant Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous supervisory experience within a restaurant is preferrable
- Prior experience and knowledge using payroll software
- Accounting and arithmetic skills
- Strong leadership skills with the capacity for development
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Innovative and trustworthy
- Ability to remain impartial during conflict
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Assistant Restaurant Manager FAQ:
What does an assistant restaurant manager position entail?
An assistant restaurant manager assists the restaurant manager with the overall operations of the restaurant. The assistant manager also recruits and trains new employees. This position requires assisting with inventory management and budgeting for the location. They ensure that regulatory guidelines of the food services industry are being followed by every employee to avoid any violations. To be an assistant restaurant manager, the candidate must have a high school diploma or GED. They must contribute to the development of processes and procedures, helping make them clear and easy to follow. At least three years of experience in a related field are required.
Is this assistant restaurant manager description customizable?
Absolutely! We encourage you to reference what we’ve written here as you begin drafting your ad. That being said, you will want to customize your posting to some degree. Doing so will give you the opportunity to offer applicants more information about the specifics of your assistant restaurant manager position. This can help screen unqualified applicants and attract qualified candidates.
What should I include in my assistant restaurant manager description?
You should include details about the skills, qualities and qualifications you are looking for that will fit your company’s needs. Add your ideas to our job description template to create a list of duties and responsibilities for Assistant Restaurant Managers that is appropriate for your restaurant.