Sandwich Artist Job Description
A sandwich artist is exactly what it sounds like: a person who specializes in making sandwiches. While you may see this term used elsewhere, it’s one that’s most commonly associated with Subway, the popular American made-to-order sandwich chain. The main focus of the sandwich artist role at Subway is to prepare sandwiches and serve them to guests.
That being said, a sandwich artist may be asked to perform a variety of additional tasks during their shift. When they’re not making sandwiches, an employee in this position might operate cash registers, prepare ingredients, wash dishes, clean the restaurant, and complete other tasks that have been assigned by their manager. The specifics of these tasks will depend on the restaurant that employs the sandwich artist.
Sandwich Artist Job Description Template
We’re looking to expand our restaurant’s staff by hiring a new sandwich artist. This is a multi-faceted role that will require you to perform a variety of tasks. Your main priorities will be greeting our customers, taking their orders, and preparing their sandwiches. To be successful, you will need to be capable of maintaining a high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced restaurant setting.
Another foundational part of this role is in customer service. You will be asked to provide exceptional service to our customers throughout the duration of your shift. This will require you to maintain an upbeat attitude and knowledge of our policies, meals, and ingredients.
Sandwich Artist Responsibilities:
- Preparing sandwich ingredients by washing, cutting, portioning, and properly storing meats, veggies, sauces, and more
- Prepare sandwiches that meet our customers’ exact specifications
- Upsell premium ingredients when appropriate
- Operate the cash register and count back customers’ change
- Follow all relevant food health and safety requirements
- Sanitize sandwich-making utensils regularly
- Do your part to ensure a clean workspace
- Assist the store manager with maintaining inventory and handling deliveries
Sandwich Artist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Food handler’s license
- Physical ability to stand for an 8-hour shift
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced setting
Sandwich Artist FAQ
What tasks does a sandwich artist do?
Restaurants like Subway hire sandwich artists to make sandwiches in front of their customers. This means that a sandwich artist’s main task is to create sandwiches that match a customer’s order and expectations for quality.
There are also other tasks that a sandwich artist will be asked to do, which contribute to the main purpose they serve. This is a list that can include preparing ingredients, maintaining store inventory, operating the cash register, washing dishes, and more.
Can I use your sandwich artist job description template?
You can absolutely use our template as a starting point for your next help-wanted ad. However, make sure that you add details that are unique to your position. This will give applicants a better sense of what to expect and could help you attract more qualified candidates for the job. Ads that are rich in detail generally perform better than those that lack it.
What should I include in my sandwich artist help-wanted ads?
When creating a help-wanted ad, you need to make your position stand out from a sea of similar options. The best way to do this is by starting with a compelling general overview of the job. After that, you can move into bulleted lists that cover the major responsibilities and requirements of your open sandwich artist position. These sections make it absolutely clear what you will expect from the applicant that you ultimately decide to hire for the job.