Breakfast Attendant Job Description
Breakfast attendants are valued members of the hospitality industry and help guests start each day in the best manner possible. Successful candidates for this position should have experience in the food service industry, serving experience, and the ability to follow food-handling guidelines to ensure that guests receive the best quality food and service possible. Having a food handlers’ permit is also advantageous.
Breakfast Attendant Job Description Template:
A successful candidate for a breakfast attendant is someone who has impeccable people skills, who is attentive and is motivated. The responsibilities of this position include preparing food, serving, and cleaning up after service. Additionally, the attendant must ensure that the buffet is stocked at all times with fresh food. A breakfast attendant must also remain poised as they communicate with customers and other staff to relay drink orders and address customers' questions and complaints promptly.
It is imperative that a breakfast attendant be able to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and be able to communicate effectively with customers and staff to ensure that the customers’ needs are met. Lastly, a breakfast attendant should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of food offerings to be able to make recommendations to customers based on various dietary restrictions or personal preferences.
Breakfast Attendant Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing for, setting up, and disassembling the buffet
- Ensuring that the buffet remains stocked with sufficient amounts of food throughout service
- Interacting with guests by taking orders, responding to any questions or complaints, and clearing their eating area upon their departure
- Ensure that customers' needs are met in a timely manner so that they can leave the dining area by the end of the meal service
- Maintaining cleanliness standards throughout the restaurant throughout the meal service. This includes sanitizing surfaces, sweeping and mopping floors, etc.
Breakfast Attendant Job Requirements:
- Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent with previous experience within the hospitality industry. Experience within a similar role is preferred
- Understanding of food safety and handling guidelines
- Must possess the physical ability to work in a demanding position that requires standing for long periods of time and being able to lift 50 pounds without assistance and to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to remain organized, multitask, and maintain a friendly disposition while communicating with staff and customers
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed
Account Manager FAQ:
What does a breakfast attendant do?
Breakfast attendants oversee all aspects of the breakfast service at hotels or a breakfast buffet restaurant. This could include: preparing for and setting up breakfast buffets, maintaining the buffet, establishing a rapport with guests, managing food and drink orders, working with kitchen staff, and cleaning up after service.
Can I customize your breakfast attendant description?
Yes, it is recommended to update the breakfast attendant job description to reflect the needs of your establishment and to highlight the characteristics of a breakfast attendant that you believe would best fit your working environment.
What information should I include when I advertise a breakfast attendant job?
As the responsibilities of this position could vary between establishments, please take the time to identify the specific responsibilities of the role that you are wanting to fill. Additionally, consider the qualities that you are seeking in a breakfast attendant and the responsibilities that you would like a breakfast attendant to cover. Outlining these in your job description will help attract a candidate who will bring value to your team.