their shopping experience fast and friendly.
Essential Position Functions
a.) Performing the essential job functions of a cashier is critical to your success.
Those essential functions of your position include the following:
1. Properly record every item into the cash register every transaction. Maintain a scan percent above 99.2% (store average).
2. Receive and secure all payments accurately at the time of the sale in accordance with store procedures.
3. Customer Service. Every Customer is greeted in a friendly manner, assisted with bagging, loading shopping cart and thanked for shopping our store. It is the responsibility of the cashier to ensure all items are placed in the customer shopping cart or hands BEFORE beginning the next customer.
4. Provides and initiates assistance for customers as needed.
5. Handles merchandise returns and/or exchanges in accordance with store policy.
6. Employee Productivity: Maintain the minimum production of daily sales of $850.00 dollars per hour when on the cash register.
7. Assuring freshness, date code compliance and selling quality products. Do not sell any product not up to standards.
8. Balance of cash drawer and total currency sales each day within a variance of $3.00.
9. Train new cashiers on approved company procedures.
10. Maintain adequate supplies at your cash register area, and notify the Manager when additional supplies are needed.
11. Never leave your register unattended without notifying Manager in Charge.
12. Follow your weekly and daily schedule.
b) Your duties and responsibilities include:
1. Supporting the Team. Assuring fast friendly service at the check stand area is being performed and ready for customers during all hours of the day.
2. Training your co-workers. Training employees assigned in service department in the necessary skills to be successful. Skills to include customer service, cashiering, bagging, safety, and spill clean-up.
3. Assuring you are demonstrating maximum productivity and efficiency. Assuring all you is performing your assigned responsibilities in a fast, expeditious and accurate manner, while paying attention to the detail of your work.
4. Providing GREAT Customer Service. Treating all customers and their needs with the greatest respect. Demonstrating to Courtesy Clerks, by your example, what GREAT CUSTOMER service is and how it’s provided.
5. Providing LEADERSHIP to the service team. Providing leadership to your team by example, assuring your customers receive FAST and FRIENDLY service.
6. Following the orders and direction of the Store Manager and owners.
7. Safety. Leading by example by demonstrating safe work practices. Assuring you are proper use box knives, operating motorized equipment (if certified), remedying spills or hazards on the floor immediately as they occur, and demonstrating proper “lifting techniques” when lifting or moving heavy (50 lbs. repeatedly on a regular basis) items. Notify manager immediately of any hazards or concerns of safety.
1. Customer Service is happening throughout the entire store, at all times
2. Store is clean and ready for customers at all times
3. Light stocking (30 lbs. repeatedly on a regular basis) and store preparation at slow periods.
4. Light janitorial duties as needed.
5. Supporting your fellow department heads, when necessary, when they need help in their department or help in solving a problem.
6. Assuring you know and understand the personnel policies of the new personnel manual. Those policies to include, attendance policy, customer service standards, employee purchase rules, safety rules, dress code policy, shop lifting policy and the “Personal Conduct” the owners expect for everyone’s personal conduct.
7. Supporting and assisting the store manager and owners whenever possible to assure that customers are being served and the store is always, ready for business.