Busboy Job Description
A busboy or busser makes sure the environment in a restaurant is clean and that the clients’ needs are met. Busboys take care to clean the floors, clear tables, and clean up as needed after guests have finished their meals. Additionally, busboys set tables for guests, stock and restock supplies, and offer assistance to guests. Busboys help support restaurant staff by maintaining clean dining areas for guests, preparing seat placements, setting tables, and helping out when needed. This could include filling drinks or addressing questions and complaints of guests. Lastly, it is imperative that busboys follow appropriate food safety handling guidelines.
Busboy Job Description Template:
The ideal candidate thrives in a community-oriented, fast-paced environment. Additionally, they should be committed to the mission of the restaurant and want to provide the best possible dining experience to patrons. In this dynamic support role, busboys will strive to provide the highest level of customer service as they clean and reset tables, interact with guests, relay needs of guests to wait staff, and assist in restocking items such as dishes, napkins, etc. and washing dishes. To be successful in this position, candidates must demonstrate overall strong customer service skills.
Busboy Responsibilities Include:
- Work in a dynamic team environment to ensure that all guests have a positive dining experience
- Follow cleaning standards and guidelines while clearing tables for guests once they have finished their meals
- Keep inventory of items such as clean dishes and napkins and ensure that ample amounts are available as needed
- Demonstrate impeccable customer service skills by interacting with guests, answering questions, and making their needs known to wait staff
- Possess the ability to maintain a high level of focus while completing various tasks such as washing dishes, loading and unloading dishwashers, restocking items such as napkins and cutlery, and maintaining a clean environment for guests
Busboy Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Previous experience preferred
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment that will require lifting 20 pounds and to standing or walking for extended periods of time
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to be detail-oriented and to maintain industry standards for workplace cleanliness
- Availability to work various shifts. This could include holidays, nights, or weekends
What does a busboy do?
A busboy or busser is typically responsible for clearing and resetting tables within restaurants after a client has finished their meal. It is not uncommon for busboys to prepare tables, provide cutlery, napkins, straws, and drinks, and to clean dining areas within restaurants. To create the most detailed job description, simply add the responsibilities of a busboy at your establishment to this job listing.
Can I customize your busboy position description?
Yes! Please customize this job description to best fit the needs of your restaurant.
What information should I include when I advertise a busboy job?
When creating a job description for a busser, focus on the specific duties and job responsibilities that will need to be completed to be successful in this role. Also, provide specifics regarding the skills and the qualities that would be advantageous to possess in this position.
Using this sample job description is a great way to start crafting a job posting that will attract the attention of talented applicants.