Food Runner Job Description Template
Food runners work in restaurants and are responsible for delivering food from the kitchen to a customer’s table in the dining room. It’s their responsibility to ensure that every customer receives exactly what they ordered. They communicate with the chef, double check orders, match the food ticket to the customer, and refill customers’ drinks. They will also need to be able to answer any questions that customers may have.
Food Runner Job Description
Our restaurant is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic food runner to join our staff. Your primary job will be to deliver orders from the kitchen to our customers’ tables. This will require a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. As part of your role, you may also be asked to prepare tables, explain meals to customers, and act as a middle person between our kitchen and wait staff.
The position of a food runner is a customer-facing one. This means that you will need to have strong customer service skills. You will play a key role in ensuring that your customers enjoy their meals, leave satisfied, and plan to return in the future. We are looking for a candidate who is friendly, professional, and demonstrates excellent communication skills.
Food Runner Responsibilities:
- Take customer feedback and report back to management
- Bring meals from the kitchen to the dining room, making sure to deliver them to the right tables
- Communicate with kitchen staff to ensure food orders are being delivered as quickly as possible
- Communicate with customers to explain meals and provide exceptional customer service
- Uphold our high food health and safety standards
- Assist with preparing tables for service by placing tableware, utensils, napkins, and clearing away used dishes.
Food Runner Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role is preferred
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and customer service skills
Food Runner Job Description FAQ:
What tasks does a food runner do?
The main function of a food runner is to bring meals from the kitchen to the dining room. Employees in this role are responsible for ensuring that every meal is delivered to the proper table. This means communicating with both the kitchen and wait staff regularly.
Food runners may also be asked to perform other tasks that support the restaurant. This can include preparing tables, clearing away dishes, and upholding the restaurant’s food health and safety guidelines. Food runners will also need to be knowledgeable enough about the restaurant’s dishes to explain them confidently to customers who ask about them.
What should I include in my food runner help wanted ads?
You can follow the template that we’ve shown here when creating your own ad. It’s best to start with a compelling general description of the position before moving into lists that cover the responsibilities and requirements of it.
Can I use your food runner job description template?
Yes, feel free to use our template as a starting point for your own. That being said, you will want to modify the details we’ve used to match your own needs. For example, your food runner position may have responsibilities or requirements that are not listed here. Being as detailed as possible will help you attract the right candidates. It will also save you time since you won’t need to screen unqualified applicants later in the hiring process.