Pizza Maker Job Description
Pizza makers are kitchen employees who, of course, specialize in pizza. They typically work in restaurants but may also work for bars and catering companies. The main purpose of a pizza maker is to create tasty pizzas that fulfill their customers’ expectations. This can involve a variety of tasks beyond simply ingredients on dough. For example, pizza makers may also be asked to mold dough, prepare ingredients, provide customer service, and keep the restaurant they work for clean and sanitary. Applicants who have the most success in this position have the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality.
Pizza Maker Job Description Template
Our restaurant is looking for a skilled pizza maker to join our team. The hired candidate will be responsible for preparing pizzas that follow our recipes. You will need to be able to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy to be successful due to the fast-paced environment of our restaurant.
In addition to making pizzas, you will also be expected to support our restaurant in other ways. This will often include taking customers’ orders and providing them with exceptional service. You will also be asked to help us prepare pizza toppings, sauces, and dough. The hired candidate will also help us maintain our inventory and unload deliveries as needed.
Pizza Maker Responsibilities:
- Prepare high-quality pizza ingredients such as: dough, sauces, and toppings like pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes
- Cook pizzas that satisfy our customers’ expectations
- Monitor inventory and communicate with a supervisor when stock and supplies are running low
- Package pizzas neatly when they come out of the oven
- Follow all relevant food health and safety requirements
- Assist us in maintaining a clean and sanitary workplace
Pizza Maker Requirements:
- Previous experience with making pizza in a restaurant setting is preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and during our restaurant’s other busy hours
- Ability to stand throughout most of your shift and lift boxes weighing 20+ pounds
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and teamwork skills
- Willingness to take direction and adapt to shifting circumstances
Pizza Maker FAQ
What tasks does a pizza maker do?
As you might have guessed, a pizza maker makes pizzas. However, that’s not all these employees do. They’re also commonly asked to take orders from customers, which means that they need to be capable of providing exceptional customer service. Additionally, pizza makers are often tasked with preparing pizza toppings, dough, and sauces.
A pizza maker may also spend time cleaning utensils and sanitizing their workspace. On other days, they might assist their supervisor with unloading deliveries or checking inventory.
What should I include in my pizza maker help-wanted ads?
We recommend simply following the formula that we used to create this pizza maker job description example. Begin with a strong opening paragraph or two that provides some general information about your job. Then, get into the specific responsibilities and requirements of the position with two bulleted lists like the ones we used above.
Can I use your pizza maker job description template?
Yes, you can use our template as a starting point for your own pizza maker help-wanted ads. That being said, you should make sure that you add any relevant details about your open position that aren’t listed here. Doing this will ensure that you’re giving potential applicants all of the information that they need before sending you a resume.