Cocktail Waitress Description Template
Cocktail waitresses work at bars, clubs, and restaurants. The main portion of their job duties includes: serving alcoholic beverages, serving food, providing excellent customer service, and keeping bills and tabs organized.
A cocktail waitress needs to be personable, attentive, and able to communicate effectively in order to provide the best service for their customers. The ideal candidate is also knowledgeable of menu items, standard alcoholic beverages descriptions and recipes, and other services in order to help customers and make recommendations. When the shift begins, waitresses ensure inventory is stocked, glasses are prepared, and that their workspace and tables are clean. The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and carry heavy trays is also needed for this position.
Cocktail Waitress Description
We are seeking a hardworking, energetic, attentive, and personable cocktail waitress. The ideal candidate will provide high-quality customer service and hospitality. The waitress will keep track of bills, keep a clean workplace, and attend to customer needs in a timely manner.
The waitress should be knowledgeable of food and beverage items on the menu in order to provide excellent customer service and make recommendations to ensure the customers enjoy their time. Successful cocktail waitresses are friendly, attentive, and passionate about their job and helping customers have an enjoyable experience.
Cocktail Waitress Responsibilities:
- Taking orders, talking with customers, recommending items on the menu, serving food, and keeping accurate bills
- Handling multiple tables, multi-tasking, and attending to customer’s needs in a timely manner
- Cleaning, clearing tables, and returning plates and utensils to the kitchen area
- Preparing stock items such as straws, and napkins during opening and closing shifts
- Keeping up with food and beverage menu items, learning the items to be knowledgeable and make recommendations
- Responsible for taking inventory of supplies and ingredients
- Ensuring the proper age of customers before serving alcoholic beverages
Cocktail Waitress Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in serving beverages, fine dining, or restaurant establishment is preferred
- Ability to physically carry heavy trays, walk, stand, and perform job duties
- Cocktail waitress must have a friendly attitude and be attentive
- Must be knowledgeable in alcoholic beverages such as cocktails, beer, and wine
- Must meet the minimum age requirement to serve alcohol
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service with high quality service
- Keeps compliance of all local, state, and federal liquor laws
- Must be available to work during peak hours, including weekends, holidays, and evenings
Cocktail Waitress FAQ:
What is a cocktail waitress?
Cocktail waitresses usually work in bars and nightclubs by serving food and drinks to customers. They are in charge of processing transactions, keeping track of bills, multi-tasking and handling multiple tables. You can simply add any specific information you would like to include in the job description and requirements for an ideal cocktail waitress.
Can I change your cocktail server job description?
When posting for a cocktail waitress position, you can use our template and adjust to fit the needs and requirements your company needs when hiring a waitress.
What should I include in my cocktail waitress description?
When advertising for the cocktail waitress position, you should expand on any necessary information that is specific to the job opening at your company. You can customize the template to fit your company’s needs, and you can expand on the job requirements according to what you are looking for.