Banquet Server Job Description
A banquet server delivers food and drinks to guests at large events, parties, and weddings. The responsibilities of this position include serving food, helping set up and break down the event, all while providing excellent customer service to guests. Banquet servers may work in a variety of venues as the location of events to which they are assigned can vary. As such, banquet servers should be available to work on call. It is important to be energetic, friendly, focused, efficient, and interactive with guests. Working well with a team and under the guidance of their manager is also a requirement for a banquet server.
Banquet Server Job Description Template:
We are seeking a hard-working and experienced banquet server. The ideal candidate is courteous, professional, and works well with a team. They are responsible for greeting guests, helping them find their seats, and serving food and drinks throughout the event. A Banquet Server is also responsible for assisting with planning events, preparing and cleaning up the event, serving guests, and responding to questions, complaints and special requests.
In order to be successful in the banquet server role, candidates must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Professionalism, politeness, and efficiency as a server are also required.
Banquet Server Responsibilities Include:
- Greeting guests as they arrive to the event and directing them to the right table or seat
- Making sure guests are comfortable by answering questions, taking their orders, ensuring special requests and instructions are relayed to the kitchen and bar, and serving the food and beverages
- Circle around the event with trays of appetizers and beverages easily accessible to the guests
- Pointing guests in the right direction for necessary services and features of the event
- Giving tours of the event location to guests so they are comfortable with the environment
- Supporting other staff members who may need help in order to maintain guest satisfaction
- Keeping guests and staff members safe by following safety and quality regulations
Banquet Server Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience as a server is preferred
- Needs to meet state minimum age requirements (if alcohol will be served)
- Courteous, professional, and attentive to guests of the events
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job: stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, carry heavy objects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Work as part of a team to maintain guest satisfaction
- Follow instructions provided for each specific event
- Flexibility to work early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- CPR training would be beneficial for this position
Banquet Server FAQ:
What does the role of a banquet server entail?
A banquet server is responsible for regular serving duties at large dinners and events. They must be able to stay on their feet and walk for long periods of time while serving guests. Accommodation of guest’s requests will be done effectively, professionally, and politely. There is no college degree necessary for this position, although most employers prefer those with a high school diploma or GED.
Is this banquet server description customizable?
Of course! We encourage you to reference what we’ve written here as you begin drafting your posting. That being said, you will want to customize your posting to some degree. Doing so will give you the opportunity to offer applicants more information about the specifics of your banquet server position. This can help screen unqualified applicants and attract qualified candidates.
What should I include in my banquet server job description?
Make sure to include details about your company that are necessary to thriving in the position. List the skills, qualities and qualifications you are looking for at your company. You can add your ideas to our banquet server job description template, as well as add to the duties and responsibilities listed to create a job description perfect for your needs.