Banquet Manager Job Description
Banquet managers are responsible for overseeing and hosting galas, weddings, and other large hotel events to provide customers with an experience they won’t forget. The job duties include communicating with the banquet sales directors and head chefs to make sure all needs of the customers are met, determining the number of wait staff needed for each banquet, and planning the layout of the venue to maximize efficiency of the event.
Banquet Manager Job Description Template:
We are seeking an energetic and organized banquet manager. In this role, it is important to communicate with the banquet sales director and head chef to ensure all customer needs are met. Duties include: controlling the cost and quality of services offered, preparing the venue for each event, and coordinating the service of meals to best fit the evening.
To be successful as a banquet manager, the perfect candidate must have extensive experience in managing large dining events, delivering services that meet a customer’s budget, and provide excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
Banquet Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate details of a contract with the banquet sales director and the head chef
- Plan the venue layout according to the number of guests and type of event
- Determine the number of waiters and servers required for an event
- Supervise the placement of tables, chairs, table settings, and serving stations to make sure they are placed properly
- Consult with the head chef to discuss the timing of the meal courses being served
- Oversee the seating of guests, serving of meals and beverages, and the quick clearing of tables
- Manage the availability of liquor and soft drinks
- Prepare work schedules and complete documentation on time
- Answer customer questions and accommodate special requests when necessary
Banquet Manager Job Requirements:
- Accredited certificate or diploma in Catering, Culinary Arts, Hospitality, or a similar field
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in banquet management or a similar field
- Knowledge of catering management software, such as Better Cater or Caterease
- Ability to plan banquets, manage budgets and meet deadlines
- Collaboration with the banquet sales director and head chef
- Supervise banquet venue staff
- Extensive knowledge and experience with catering equipment and venue requirements
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in the hospitality industry
- Interpersonal and communication skills
Banquet Manager FAQ:
What does a banquet manager position entail?
A banquet manager is responsible for the coordination of food and beverage delivery for events held in the hotel. They are also responsible for planning all of the details pertaining to events in all banquet and meeting rooms to maintain the standards expected by management. A banquet manager is mostly concerned with front of house activities.
Is this banquet manager description customizable?
Absolutely! We encourage you to reference what we’ve written here as you begin drafting your posting. That being said, you will want to customize your posting to some degree. Doing so will give you the opportunity to offer applicants more information about the specifics of your banquet manager position. This can help screen unqualified applicants and attract qualified candidates.
What should I include in my banquet manager description?
You should include details about the skills, qualities and qualifications you are looking for that will fit your company’s needs. Add your unique requirements to our banquet manager job description template to create a list of duties and responsibilities that describes exactly the type of candidate you’re hoping to find.