Crew Leader Job Description Template
We are a large restaurant currently looking to employ a crew leader to supervise our employees, including cooks, servers, and hosts. Our restaurant strives to provide high-quality customer service and meals at an affordable, family-friendly price. We are looking for someone who is a strong leader and can make sure that the crew members meet the needs of our customers while working efficiently.
Crew Leader Job Description
Your main duties in this position will be: recruiting new employees, training your crew in proper food handling techniques, and making sure that all shifts are correctly filled. For new crew members, you may need to manage them closely until they are familiar with the protocols of the restaurant.
Among the supervision duties, you will be responsible for all crew members following proper food handling and cleanliness standards. This includes making sure that food is stored correctly, cooked at the right temperature, and disposed of properly. This will also include making sure that the tables are cleaned to restaurant standards between each party.
This job requires you to be flexible. Problems will arise quickly and will need to be resolved just as quickly. You will need to be able to shift gears in order to resolve problems. Our restaurant is a fast-paced environment and we need a manager who will meet our various needs as they come up. You will need to be able to manage multiple functions of the restaurant at once.
Being an independent worker is a must; once you are familiar with the workings of this restaurant we will expect you to manage the crew members with little supervision. Being able to manage your own time is crucial to be successful. You will also need to stay calm in stressful situations and have the ability to think on your feet.
To be successful in this position you will need strong leadership and management skills and enforce compliance with food health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will be able to handle stressful situations while delivering excellent customer service and has several years of experience in restaurant service.
Crew Leader Responsibilities
- Supervising crew members, including cooks, servers, and hosts
- Training crew members on food handling and customer service.
- Making sure that cleanliness standards are followed, including hygiene, quality, and food safety
- Scheduling shifts and making sure that all shifts are properly filled
- Checking the maintenance of equipment and making sure that the equipment is fixed when it is broken
- Monitoring food supplies and ordering more as needed
- Resolving customer problems, including menu questions, pricing questions, and customer complaints
- Helping crew members with their roles when needed
- Resolve issues between crew members when the need arises
Crew Leader Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Management experience in the hospitality industry, preferably in the restaurant industry
- A food handler’s license
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong management, organizational communication, and time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- The ability to be flexible and think on your feet
- Stays calm even in stressful situations
- An independent worker
Crew Leader Job Description FAQ:
Can I use your crew leader job description template?
You can use our template as a starting point but should customize your description to highlight the unique aspects of your crew leader position. Doing so will help you attract candidates who are an ideal match for your business.
What should I include in my crew leader help wanted ads?
For the best results, consider using the template that we’ve provided above. Start with a compelling description of the job. Then, move into lists that cover the major responsibilities and requirements. Be as detailed as possible so that your applicants have a clear understanding of what you’re looking for.