Crew Member Job Description Template
We are a large restaurant looking to hire new crew members. We strive to provide high-quality customer service and meals at family-friendly prices. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and reliable. We are offering part-time and full-time positions.
Crew Member Job Description
Our crew member positions cover a wide range of jobs and we will train you if you are hired. The main duties are serving, hosting, and food preparation. Your main responsibility is to serve customers and answer their questions with a friendly demeanor. This includes taking their orders, serving their food, and processing the payments. It is important to be committed to providing high-quality customer service at every stage with the customer.
You may also be requested to talk to vendors about deliveries. You should be knowledgeable about our products and what we need in the order. You will also need to be familiar with our delivery schedule and may be expected to check deliveries.
You will also need to work with members of your team to ensure quality customer service. We use a checklist system to make sure that everything is completed. You will also be collaborating with managers and will need to be able to follow directions quickly.
This job will also require you to think on your feet about what the situation needs. If you can handle the problem at hand then we expect you to be able to resolve the issue. If you cannot resolve it then you need to be able to escalate it to the correct manager or supervisor.
You will need to be flexible in your job duties. We rotate job duties between our crew members so you will be expected to be ready to work in serving, food preparation, hosting, and cleaning. Flexibility is crucial in this job and you have to be ready to work in a different position quickly depending on what the needs are for the shift.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and arrive for shifts on time. You must also be willing to work with others and follow directions. We will provide further training on the job to help round out your skillset.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Arrive for your shift on time, preferably a few minutes early
- Address questions from customers and vendors and know where to go if you don’t know the answer
- Complete a variety of duties, including administrative, kitchen, and front desk
- Escalate problems to the correct manager or supervisor
- Prioritize tasks and manage your time efficiently
- Manage and operate the equipment needed for your role
- Clean the restaurant and the kitchen to restaurant standards
- Be flexible in your duties and be ready to work a variety of jobs in short notice
- Be professional and maintain a positive attitude
Crew Member Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED
- A personable and friendly demeanor
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong communication skills
- Physically capable of standing and walking throughout the shift
- Able to lift heavy objects, no more than fifty pounds
- Available to work irregular hours, including evenings and nights, mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Further training will be provided on the job, including food handling and training on our systems
Crew Member Job Description FAQ
Can I use your crew member job description template?
You can use our template as a starting point but should customize your description to highlight the unique aspects of your crew member position. Doing so will help you attract candidates who are an ideal match for your business.
What should I include in my crew member help wanted ads?
For the best results, consider using the template that we’ve provided above. Start with a compelling description of the job. Then, move into lists that cover the major responsibilities and requirements. Be as detailed as possible so that your applicants have a clear understanding of what you’re looking for.