Car Detailer Job Description
A car detailer is a service worker who meticulously cleans and polishes cars. They do so with a variety of cleaning products, tools, and techniques for the interior and exterior of vehicles. A car detailer will handle everything from washing the car to vacuuming its interior. They’ll also apply waves, polishes, and protective agents to the exteriors of vehicles.
Car detailers work for car washes, auto shops, and dealerships, among other types of companies. They provide their customers with exceptional customer service and must also be able to stand and perform physical labor for the duration of their shifts.
Qualifying for the job usually does not require any advanced education beyond a high school diploma or its equivalent. Employers who hire car detailers usually value candidates who have previous experience with cars and excel in customer service.
Car Detailer Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled car detailer to add to our team. In this position, it will be your job to perform a variety of cleaning services to the interiors and exteriors of our customers’ vehicles. Your duties will include performing car inspections, washing cars, buffing them, and waxing their exteriors. In addition, you will also be tasked with vacuuming, steaming, deodorizing the interiors of cars, and more.
To do well in this position, you will need to be physically capable of performing manual labor while standing for the majority of your shifts. You should also have excellent customer service skills and the ability to do quality work with minimal supervision.
We prefer candidates who have previous experience with detailing cars. But we’re happy to take a look at your resume even if you don’t. Reach out to us with your resume to begin the application process.
Car Detailer Responsibilities:
- Clean the interior and exterior of vehicles using a variety of products and methods
- Apply protective finishes to the exteriors of our customers’ cars
- Perform inspections to ensure that each step of the cleaning process has been completed
- Answer any questions that customers have about their car detailing
- Assist us in the management of inventory and reordering of supplies
- Perform other administrative tasks as requested by supervisors
Car Detailer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience with cars is preferred
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts based on staffing needs
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Willingness to comply with all company procedures and policies
- Ability to use a variety of car cleaning products and tools
Car Detailer FAQ
What tasks does a car detailer complete?
A car detailer looks after the cleanliness of vehicles. They work for car washes, dealerships, and other companies. A car detailer may complete a variety of tasks during their shift, including vacuuming, washing, polishing, and deodorizing customers’ vehicles, and more.
What should I include in my car detailer help-wanted ads?
We recommend that you follow the same format that we’ve used above when creating help-wanted ads for car detailers. That means starting with a paragraph or two that talks about the job in general terms. After that, you can create two bulleted lists that provide your applicants with a closer look at the detailed responsibilities and requirements of the position.
Can I use your car detailer job description template?
Absolutely! We have no problem with you using our car detailer job description template. Our only recommendation is that you supplement what we’ve written with your own information instead of copying it word-for-word. Doing so will help to make your car detailer position stand out from the others that your candidates may also be considering.