Patient Liaison Job Description
Patient liaisons are medical professionals who work directly with patients and their relatives. It’s the patient liaison’s job to provide the support that patients need to make smarter, more informed decisions about their healthcare. For example, employees in this role will be asked to collect patient information, communicate that information to various hospital departments, and look for ways to improve the overall patient care experience.
Some of the common skills that employees in this role have include knowledge of medical terminology, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. Typically, a patient liaison needs to have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field in order to be hired for the job. An individual may also need previous experience in healthcare to qualify for a patient liaison position.
Patient Liaison Job Description Template
Our hospital is searching for a knowledgeable patient liaison to join our staff. In this role, you will be tasked with supporting patients as they navigate the healthcare process. This means taking the time to answer any questions that they have about the process and offering them specific recommendations based on your expertise. Additionally, you will be tasked with communicating a patient’s wishes, goals, and best treatment options to various medical staff, among other things.
To perform well in this role, you will need to have existing knowledge of medical procedures and terminology. You should also have excellent people skills and a compassionate attitude towards the patients that you work with. If you believe that you have these qualifications, then we’d love to see your resume.
Patient Liaison Responsibilities:
- Meet directly with patients and their families to discuss their options for treatment and overall care
- Explain to patients the options that they have for paying for treatment, including what percentage of the costs will be covered by their insurance
- Communicating a patient’s wishes to doctors, nurses, and the other medical professionals who will care for them
- Track patients’ progress and keep their families informed about how they’re responding to care
Patient Liaison Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field
- Previous experience in a healthcare role in which you worked directly with patients
- Existing knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Superior communication skills
- Ability to explain complex medical and insurance topics to patients with limited backgrounds in either field
Patient Liaison FAQ
What tasks does a patient liaison do?
Patient liaisons work directly with patients to ensure that they receive the best care possible from their treatment facility. They tell patients about their care options and educate them about the pros and cons of each. Patient liaisons also help patients come up with plans for paying for treatment by explaining their insurance coverage to them, among other tasks.
Can I use your patient liaison job description template?
Yes, we don’t mind if you use any of our job description templates to create your own help-wanted ads. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s the best strategy for you to copy them word-for-word. It’s better for you to add to what we’ve written by highlighting the parts of your available position that may distinguish it from others that your applicants are considering.
What should I include in my patient liaison help-wanted ads?
When designing your help-wanted ads, you don’t want to overload interested parties with too many details right away. That’s why we recommend following the outline that we’ve used above. Begin with a few paragraphs that talk about the job generally. After that, you can move into more detailed descriptions of the responsibilities and requirements of the position, which you can put into two separate bulleted lists.